Riddle me this Batman...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicided1954

Reaction score
I have had my Ruination clone in the fermenter for 11 days now (wyeast 1056) and still have airlock activity. I need to dry hop (2oz whole centennial)it. Should I go ahead and pop it open or should I wait until I have no bubbles. I don't want to waist the aroma on my fermenting cabinet... I also have no plan to secondary. It's in a plastic bucket so I can't see what's going on in there.

Thanks
Darryl

Open it up. That will be fine.

(you aren't asking if the beer is done, right? You are asking if it will hurt the beer to open it up while the lock is still bubbling? )

i know the beer will be fine. I just dont want to mess with it until it's finished because if I throw in the dry hops while it's still fermenting the co2 will carry off all the aroma right?

Not really at this point. If you were still at high krausen, I'd say no. Even if there is a little fermentation going on, you will be safe to dry hop.

ok i did it. gravity was @ 1.011 down from 1.072. Tastes kick @ss... too bad I have to wait a few more weeks for it!

Latest posts

Back