Rhode Island Brews??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aksea102

Reaction score
Hello fellow HBT'ers-
One of my BFF's who homebrews is travelling to Rhode Island this week for a conference. Newport, I do believe. 'Tis where I got my first tattoo, but too young to drink. Boo Hiss.
Any "must try" recommendations for brew pubs, brews, bars or the like??
Thanks in advance!

Newport Storm brewery is there. I'm pretty sure they do tours.

There's also Coddington Brewery, right near the naval base in Newport. Their website doesn't say "tours" but it does say "tastings" which could be just as good.

I know of another brewery in Pawcatuck, CT - right over the border near Westerly, RI - but I can't think of the name of it at the moment.

One of these days I should get around to visiting my state's breweries. I'm also hoping that someday they will bring Narragansett Brewery back to RI - a state that could use some employment incentives.

Cheers!

Newport Storm brewery is there. I'm pretty sure they do tours.

THIS, oh, absolutely this! When we were there, we took the tour with our son and his wife on a Friday afternoon (don't know about the tours now, this was a few years ago). The tour is limited to 75, the first 75 in line. Bring ID, because you WILL need it, regardless of your age. You get 3 bottlecaps going in; each is good for a pint. If you actually take the tour, you get a fourth pint at the halfway point (actually the first one consumed, if you take the tour. You then go to the refreshment area, and you can exchange your caps for pints, buy memorabilia, etc. Depending on your capacity, if you take the tour and drink all the beer it's a half-gallon in maybe an hour and a half. It might be wise to organize a designated driver.

GREAT beer!

Back