Rhizome venders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jako

Reaction score
good evening all,

looking to get some different hop verities. Are most trademarked hops? i know of the common public ones but even then some of the online sites only have so much.

open to any suggestions

You might do better spending a little extra money for field-grade plants; they're basically one year old and so will get you to actual production that much faster. My favorite sources are Great Lakes Hops and Sandy Ridge Farms, both out of Michigan.

Certain varieties (i.e. Sabro) have been commercially developed and are under patent/trademark ... you're basically never going to find rhizomes or plants of those, they're very tightly controlled by the companies that invested in their development. However, the USDA has developed a lot of great varieties too, and those are on the market & available -- we as taxpayers already funded the development! Cashmere, Tahoma, Southern Cross are a few good examples.

this is great information.

thank you for taking the time to respond. i currently have Cashmere and Tahoma. I didn't know Southern Cross was a USDA variety. i will do some more research. thank you for the help.

Back