Replacement SEAL for poppets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiltLifter

Reaction score
Does anyone know a US source for the rubber seal on the tip of the poppet valves? The Aussies have a source From This Shop for just 50 cents and I'm wondering if anyone has bought them here?

Sorry. I have only ever seen the poppets for sale. Didn;t know that replacing just the seal was an option.

I'd suppose that if you wanted to carefuly try to remove said seal from failing poppet you could measure it with a caliper and find a match at McMaster Carr easily. Heck, I'd bet if you did find a match you'd prolly be avble to order a 1000 for .50¢.

I am gonna have to look into this myself.

I would use a bearded seal

bearded_seal.jpg

I'm sure they will ship because they have a US$ button. But it may be a new poppet price by the time that they get here.

I've trolled through McMaster without any luck, but they have to come from somewhere. If I need to buy 100, I'm sure they'll get snapped up no problem.

I'm sure they will ship because they have a US$ button. But it may be a new poppet price by the time that they get here.

I've trolled through McMaster without any luck, but they have to come from somewhere. If I need to buy 100, I'm sure they'll get snapped up no problem.

Well, to be clear you are not going to find "Replacement Poppet Seal" lkisted at McMaster-Carr but you should be able to match up the dimensions to an available gasket ring, they have just about any size and material you could think of. Many of us find the rest of the gaskets for cornies this way through McMaster-Carr.

It looks like the seal is a stepped seal and that is what I was looking for all through the gaskets section. You do get hits on a search for poppet, but it's QDs with internal poppets.

I just sent an email to the AU supplier, we'll see what a bag of them goes for, I may become the US poppet seal PIMP!

Da Poppa Pimp - he, he.

If I can get them, I'm sure I'll buy 100 or more and pimp them here. They'd be small enough to pop in an envelope so they'd be easy to ship out. We'll see what the AU reply brings for quantity discounts and shipping.

The ones they're selling look like this:
tophat.jpg

and the image title is TopHat so that's a clue to the profile.
But like you, I'll be having a look at mine when I get home.

If they were a dime, I'd get 500 or 1000, but at $.50 1000 would cost me, um, (takes off shoes, carry the 4...) 500 clams!

Back