Remove logo sticker from Home Depot cooler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fimpster

Reaction score
Has anyone had success removing the logo sticker from their 10 gallon orange Home Depot water cooler? I've tried every chemical in my house that wont also eat through the plastic. Suggestions? Comments?

It appears to be thermoplastic "paint", definitely not a sticker.

The brewery logo fig leaf thing would be a heck of a lot easier than trying to get that white stuff off...

Cheers!

Put a brewery sticker over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ding,Ding Ding! We have a winner! Honestly, I think they are painted on. If you really......really have to have it off, sanding will remove it. Start with a coarse grain paper like 120, which will leave a rough surface work your way up to 1200 grit using olive oil as a lube, and it will leave a polished surface similar to what it was to begin with. Stickers are easier though;)

It is not a sticker as far as I can tell. Just stick an actual sticker over it.

It's a sticker. At least I can catch my fingernail on the edge of it.

I spray painted a stencil over it, but didn't like how it looked so I took the paint off, and now I'm trying to get the sticker off. I've tried brake cleaner, Ronsonol, Thoro, Old English lemon oil, Goof-off. But so far none of it works.

2014-09-11 13.54.17.jpg

Not sure if you can tell from this pic, but it's definitely a sticker. Toughest damn sticker I've ever met.

2014-09-12 10.09.35 (2).jpg

So far nothing has worked, not a heat gun, not solvent, nothing. I think @day_tripper is right, it is thermally fused plastic. I looks so much like a sticker, because its got that slightly raised edge you can catch a fingernail on, but an exacto knife slid under the corner revealed it is plastic.

I wanted to spray paint a large stencil over the front, but my last attempt looked like crap (see my previous pic in this thread), so I may just find a sticker I like to cover it up. Too bad, I thought the M*A*S*H stencil would have looked cool. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

I don't know why I didn't think of getting some orange spray paint! I think thats the answer.

My other thought was to make my own sticker and cover the logo, but due to the ribbed texture of most of the cooler, the sticker would have to be much smaller than I wanted the stencil.

Orange paint it is!! Thx Temptd2!

I saw a pic somewhere on HBT where someone had apparently painted over the "Depot" part and then stenciled "brewery" in its place. Thought that was pretty darn clever (and I wish I could find the original pic so I could give credit!)

Back