Regulator Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DownZer0

Reaction score
I bought an Arctic King Kegerator from Walmart and am wanting to add a tank pressure gauge since the regulator didn't come with one. This is the link to the Kegerator: Arctic King Single Tap Kegerator, 4.9 cu. ft, Stainless Steel - Walmart.com

Inside it had a box from Kegerator.com but multiple CS agents from there told me that they do not know which regulator is included with the Arctic King. Does anyone recognize the regulator and can tell me if the thread is right or left hand? I can't seem to get the plug unscrewed for the life of me and am afraid of stripping it.

See attached photos.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Kegerator.PNG
    Kegerator.PNG
    411.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Kegerator box.jpg
    Kegerator box.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 17
I agree that it looks like a Kegco regulator, however, there are different gauges available in both right and left hand threads. Here is a Link to a bunch of regulator gauges. It’s possible to determine if threads are right or left handed by looking closely at them. Are there any threads exposed on the plug you’re trying to remove?
F69EC622-49A8-45D6-BE0D-6DE7CCE1FE15.jpeg

That looks like a Kegco regulator. All of the threaded connections will be right hand threads. Only hardware for use with flammable gases will have left hand threads.

fwiw, my Taprite double-body CO2 regulator uses left hand threads for the high pressure connections and right hand thread for the low pressure side...

Cheers!

Thanks everyone! Looks like I have left hand threads.
Sure does!

That looks like a Kegco regulator. All of the threaded connections will be right hand threads. Only hardware for use with flammable gases will have left hand threads.
Maybe in general. For example at work we have hydrogen (very flammable) that has a left hand CGA. But we also have SF6, which is non flammable, and also has a left hand CGA fitting. They aren't compatible though, the hydrogen uses an inner thread on the regulator CHA nut while the SF6 uses an outer thread.

Nitrogen, argon, helium and similar all use an interchangeable right hand outer thread CGA.

I'd have to check what direction the NPT threads on the regulator body are though.

Sure does!

Maybe in general. For example at work we have hydrogen (very flammable) that has a left hand CGA. But we also have SF6, which is non flammable, and also has a left hand CGA fitting. They aren't compatible though, the hydrogen uses an inner thread on the regulator CHA nut while the SF6 uses an outer thread.

Nitrogen, argon, helium and similar all use an interchangeable right hand outer thread CGA.

I'd have to check what direction the NPT threads on the regulator body are though.
Yeah. I should have said “in general” WRT non-flammable gases. I have 2 regulators, one Taprite, one Kegco. Both have all right hand threads.

Back