Regulator rebuild?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guinness

Reaction score
My reg needs some work - it's leaking from the backside. There's a large nut, that when I remove it there's a spring under it. Not really a nut, of course, it's kind of a bolt hollowed out in the middle where the spring sits.

I cleaned it all up, and put it back on together, but it's still leaking. When I tightened up the nut, it bottomed right out, which surprised me.

I'll admit I'm being lazy (that, and I've had a few!) A quick search here didn't turn anything up, can someone point me to something to help me rebuild my regulator?

I'm trying to figure out a part number for my regulator.

From the tag:
Cornelius Mfg Co. Ltd
Rexdale, On
Min. Inlet Press 500#
Primary (0-60)

Are you sure there wasn't a fiber, copper or a small "O" ring under the bolt head you for missed on reassembly? Just checking. Most of these bier regulators are "El Cheaps" not in the class or quality of welding regulators like a Harris or Victor. I would bet a LWS would about laugh at many of these regulators vs what they handle. JMO.

Back