regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatuna

Reaction score
I am new to kegging and am having a problem w/ my regulator. The regulator is the kind that regulates up or down using a screwdriver. I have screwed down the screw to its tightest setting, open the gas and it pressurizes the keg all the way up to 30 or 40 psi.

Is there something else that needs to be done to get the regulator properly working? or does it sound like the regulator is malfunctioning?

The only other thing that I may not have set correctly is there is also a nut that can adjust where I screw down the bolt. I have not really tried messing with that yet.

Thanks!

Loosen the bolt...watch what happens. ;)

Regulators behave exactly the opposite of how you would expect.

Is the nut stopping you from screwing it in any further? THe position of the nut can be changed if so. Also, why do you want more the 30 psi? Kegs are only rated to 55 or so. Serving pressure is 3-10 psi. I understand why you would go to 30psi to carb but any higher than that is unnecessary and can be dangerous.

Also, why do you want more the 30 psi? .

I typically carb around 10. I do not want 30. that is my problem, I screw the bolt as far in as humanly possible, but continue receiving 30-40psi. I want 10.

Back