Regulator cardboard/paper bent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david0161

Reaction score
Just got my keg setup from kegconnection that included their regulator. On the tank pressure gauge the cardboard is bent up and pushing against the needle. Is there an easy way to fix this? I wasn't sure if popping off the front would be a good idea....

You can do that but - a much better solution would be to call them and discuss the problem. I'm sure they will make the deal good and they will appreeciate the feedback. They didn't send it out knowing there would be a problem.

I had the same exact situation and I contacted them via email. I got a response back where they asked for a bit more info and offered a straightforward exchange if I couldn't figure it out. Based on another email back and forth, I thought it would be worth trying to fix on my own - I was able to pry the face off with a thin blade screwdriver and straighten out the gauge backing so that the needle could move freely. Popped the face back on and all good. Sure, Kegconnection will exchange it for you, but it's a 30-second fix if you're willing to give it a try.

Thanks, if anything I'll give them a call just for the feedback. It looks to me as if the backing was screwed in at the wrong place it's pushed more to the left than centered like the rest of the backings - I can see a gap to the right side. I would rather do the 30 second fix than wait a week and a half for a different one. Being new to the whole kegging thing, didn't want to mess something up. Good to know I can take care of it myself.

Or.....

you can just leave it alone. The gauge that tells you the pressure inside the tank is pretty much useless. It will read the exact same pressure until the tank is almost empty, and then will fall to zero in a pretty short period of time.

Or.....

you can just leave it alone. The gauge that tells you the pressure inside the tank is pretty much useless. It will read the exact same pressure until the tank is almost empty, and then will fall to zero in a pretty short period of time.

lol.. until the tank is empty, the gauge is stuck in the "not empty" position, and the OP can't figure out why his beer won't pour because the tank doesn't read empty.

just take the 30 seconds and fix it.

Have them replace it. You bought it, they sent you a new item that is damaged.

Same thing happened when I ordered my original kegging setup, only it was BOTH low pressure gauges. Vendor apologized and sent me a new pair of gauges right away.

I had the same issue with kegconnection. I emailed them to ask how the face comes off so i could fix it and todd emailed me back the same day, even though he was out of town, saying a new gauge was on the way.

Everything else worked great. It is a great setup for the price and a bad high pressure gauge didn't stop me from putting a beer on tap.

Back