Regarding New S.S. Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maineiac

Reaction score
Is there any treatment for the fermenter required before the insulating cover is installed?
Will surface damage occur if moisture gets behind cover during rinsing etc?

No real treatment needed. I have had two of the SS fermenters with the covers on since I bought them. I use them non-stop and have had zero issues with any surface damage. It dries quickly.

I have two SS Brewtech conical fermenters with the FTSS heating and cooling systems which also have the neopreme insulation covers. I have had them for over 6 years. I hose them off with the covers on during cleaning and have never had any issue. I recently bought the shelves that allow you to put the temperature controllers just above the thermowell (rather than on top of the lid)(see FTSs Controller Mounting Bracket - Threaded for SS Brewmaster Edition Chronicals & Standard Brite Tanks - FT-CNTRBKT-001 ) and had to remove the covers to install them. When I took the neopreme covers off, everything underneath was nice and clean and shiny. No issues.

Latest posts

Back