Regained respect for Long Trail brewery VT.!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
So I recently decried the decline of Vermont breweries but ended with the resolution to let them regain my respect. Well, Long Trail has joined the ranks of renewed respect!

Tried their Coffee Stout, Brewmasters series. Very Nice! It is imperial stout strength and the coffee is evident and tasty. They used Vermont Coffee Co. coffee which is a great roasterie and it comes through nicely. Smells nad tastes like a nice dark cup of coffee and has all the wonderful complexities of an imperial stout.

I have not seen this Brewmasters series before so either this is a new thing or it finally made it up my way. I will look forward to more. Better go and get me some more to try and cellar before it dissappears!

Yum. This is really really good...

Okay, I am a bit druck, but really, this is damn fine. Had some Stone Old Guardian 2009 a little earlier. Then some of my Bitter ol' Woodchuck. This is a really nice finish. Very much a desert/after dinner sipper. Or I could really go for this first thing in the morning too, the coffee is good!

Hurray Long Trail!

I'll have a more detailed analysis on the next bottle i get...

Have you had the chance to try Long Trails Tripple Bag? As good and smooth as the Double Bag is I think the Tripple is even better even with an almost 10% abv. The Double has always been my favorite from them but now the Tripple has moved in it's place. I'm also a fan of there Unfiltered IPA.

I have heard of the Triple bag. I thought it was only available at the brewery though. I have not seen it. I don't get down to the brewery as it is a litle out of the way for me.

The annoying thing is, I tried to find out more about their Brewmasters series on their website. No mention of it. No mention even of the Coffee Stout. Seems like they have been doing some beers like this and using their existing label stock upside down to denote the special beers. That is what I gathered from Beer Advocate. Again, no mention on their website.

I wanted to know if they are coming up with any new ones to look out for ar request from my local store. Guess I'll just have to stumble on it...

Back