Refrigerators for Kegerators.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJTomatoguy

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was at the Habitat for Humanity Store.

Environmental Initiative: Habitat ReStores -- Habitat for Humanity Int'l

They sell new and used items, everything from appliances and building materials to furniture. They had 8 small refrigerators that looked like they would be perfect for kegerator conversions. They came out of the Air force Inn. They were about 5'5 high,30 inches wide. Freezer on top, fridge on bottom. Looked like it would hold 3 cornies, and bottle inside. I asked the lady at the counter if I could plug one in to see if it at least came on, and she said yes.

These things were IMMACULATE, and only $65.

Thanks for the info.
I might have to take a ride over and check them out.
You didn't but all three did you?
Just got done bottling and that always leads me to thinking of kegging.

They had 8 yesterday in the Riverton NJ store.

Riverton
Burlington HFH ReStore
1702 Taylor's Ln
Riverton, NJ 08077
Phone: (856) 303-8080
Fax: (856) 303-8099

I really, really wanted one, but my house is for sale, so i'm minimizing the amount of stuff to move.

I still might pick one up and bug my cousin to let me put it in his garage.

Just threw this out to the wife and I got the green light:D She can see bottling a pain she doesnt like me taking over the kitchen for half a day, and she's getting tired of cases of botlles all over the house plus I explained how it would save water and she can put food in the freezer.
Kegging here I come:D:D:
thanks tomatoguy
I owe you maybe you can stop by for a beer sometime.

must be on the opposite side of NJ from me. i would pick one up but its a 2 hour drive

Is the method for sizing fridges just to bring some 8" dia cardboard circles and lay them in the bottom of the fridge? 5 gallon kegs are 26" tall, correct? What's the average size of a 5 lb CO2 tank?

I'm planning on heading to the Habitat store this week and want to be prepared.

If I remember right the inside measures 18"x20"
I think plenty big enough for two kegs and a co2 tank. , I think.
I'm just not sure how long the regulators are.
It's a nice little fridge works fine, the woman there told me they are all tested.

Finally good to go!:rockin:
Thanks again Tomatoguy
IMG_0471.jpg
[/IMG]

Back