Refridgerate After 2 Weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13thSlinky

Reaction score
I bottle my beer about 2 weeks ago, and tasted one wasn't bad. It's and American Amber Ale, can I refrigerate all my bottles, will this help them clear better or should I just keep them at room temp. until ready to drink then throw them in the fridge.

I bottle my beer about 2 weeks ago, and tasted one wasn't bad. It's and American Amber Ale, can I refrigerate all my bottles, will this help them clear better or should I just keep them at room temp. until ready to drink then throw them in the fridge.

Keep them at room temperature for conditioning. You could put a few in the fridge, but the longer it conditions the better it will be. 2 weeks isn't really long enough to condition and age the beer.

This is going to be a wishy washy answer, but if it tastes right and is carbed then by all means. If you judge it should be more carbed by the amount of priming you used then leave it longer at room temps before chilling. It makes an interesting experiment to leave one at room temp for two weeks more and one chilled for 2 weeks and compare. You soon find out what sort of temps you prefer it served at, and what happens to the beer.

+1 on both answers. Your beer is young and you want it to condition and improve and it does that better at warmer temps. Try one or two at a time until you think it's perfect, then throw a bunch of it in the fridge to be ready to drink. I say a bunch and not all because what you leave out will probably surprise you and get even better. :D

That's a good idea, I only popped open a 22oz bottle it was surprisingly carbed to perfection. I guess I'll put like 5 in the fridge and let them go and the rest sit and room temp, and drink them as I go.

Back