Recommendations for a Kegerator Fan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustatorian

Reaction score
I have a keezer with a wooden collar, in which I'd like to mount a fan to decrease temperature stratifications within the unit.

Any recommendations? I'd love something simple and easy to use.

TIA!

i pulled a computer fan out of an old dead desktop I had laying around and wired it to an old electronic block charger i had laying around. and my wife wonders why i never throw any of my old junk out. i didn't really spend much consideration on matching the dc 12 volt power blocks amperage, i just wired it and went with it. i think it was a charger for an old cordless phone. so i'm guessing 1.5 -2.5 amps or so...

If your keggerator is somewhere like a kitchen, it may be worth it to buy a "silent" fan so you don't hear a whirring noise all the time.

If your keggerator is somewhere like a kitchen, it may be worth it to buy a "silent" fan so you don't hear a whirring noise all the time.

Yes, placement is important for noise reasons. I use a Vantec Tornado fan as it actually produces static pressure to move the air.

However even with my keezer in the basement, I can hear it running. I have it on a timer to run 20 minutes every hour, but still, there is a hum.

I work at a sheet metal fab shop, so I designed a 304 SST bracket and had it laser cut and bent. If I didn't have that option, I would have cobbled something up from hardware store L-brackets.

20170616_104337.jpg

I work at a sheet metal fab shop, so I designed a 304 SST bracket and had it laser cut and bent. If I didn't have that option, I would have cobbled something up from hardware store L-brackets.

Beauty! Where did you get that thermometer? How accurate is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I found the thermometer on Amazon. Seems pretty accurate, as it agrees with the reading on my temp controller. It's certainly within ±1°F.

The one I have is a few years old. I think this one is the current version...

https://www.amazon.com/Taylor-Precision-Products-Refrigerator-Thermometer/dp/B00004XSC7/ref=pd_sim_79_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00004XSC7&pd_rd_r=6HYA90VFVYFM3XGPT6PH&pd_rd_w=qVp2g&pd_rd_wg=1qDKY&psc=1&refRID=6HYA90VFVYFM3XGPT6PH

Perfect! Do you have a drip tray welded onto yours, as well? Or is it magnetized?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back