recipe opinion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyebrewing

Reaction score
Doing a very simple recipe for a friend who isn't much of a beer drinker, but had an apricot beer and wants me to make some. This is very simple to showcase the apricot but have a bit of malt and body to keep it interesting.
90% pilsner
10% cara 10
60 min nugget to 20 ibus
S-05 yeast
SG of 1.044
FG around 1.010-12
Apricot extract to taste at bottling time for aroma and taste.

Opinions?

Looks solid to me... actually it sounds a bit like Magic Hat #9 if I had to guess what their recipe was.

you mention that and I think back to the can you brew it episode of that. searching that I found it was MO and cara 80. close enough and gonna go for it in am. Thanks for the reminder. Im gonna have to track down a bottle of that since it is not available where I live.

Looks good! Could add a very small saaz hop or any noble hop addition at 10 mins, might make it interesting. Just a random idea. But I like that it is simple, those are often the ones that come out tasting the best!

I thought late hopping but I decided to keep it very clean so on the half a batch I keep, I can add some lactic acid ala festina peche :)

Back