recipe idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radler

Reaction score
I've just thrown some stuff together in a brewpot and done the dance, it's in the primary and I'm not yet sure what I'm doing next so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. So far recipe is 6 lbs. light DME,
1 lb.crystal 50
.25 lbs crystal 140
.125 lbs chocolate malt
.25 dextrin malt
4 oz. baker's chocolate
24 oz frozen raspberries (put in after boil and let sit for 25 minutes then put them in carboy)
1 oz Northern brewer (6.5%) 60 mins.
.5 oz NB 30 mins.
.3 oz East kent Goldings (5.5%) 20 mins
Irish Moss
Wyeast Scottish 1728

So now, should I just rack it in a few days to secondary or should I add some more raspberries ( I was thinking just another 12 oz.).
I guess I would just like to know if the raspberries I have are enough or will they end up not being tasted at all? I don't want a fruity beer just a dark beer with hints of chocolate and raspberry. If this recipe looks like I'm somewhat new to this and just threw together what I had around, you're right!

wow. That's one crazy recipe.
I believe that might end up being pretty chocolatey.
As for adding more berries, why the he11 not?
Let us know how it turns out. No reason why it shouldn't be dee-lish.

You will probably get something close to what you were aiming for. .125 choc malt is very little and 4 oz of bakers is not much either. Don't be surprised if the Bakers choc gives some bitterness , it isn't really very sweet!! But with some conditioning, it should come out pretty nice!

I wonder if rasberries have natural pectin in them. If so, I could see that doing some strange things, but I'm not sure what. I know that they would add a bit of tartness, but as you didn't heavily hop the brew, it might still be fairly well ballanced. Be interested to hear how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back