Recent AIH troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slurms

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recently whenever I place an order for anything on homebrewing.org (Adventures In Homebrewing), my orders are always declined, claiming something wrong with the credit card. I've used multiple cards, tried to pay with paypal, used different computers, different networks, buy it as a guest and not in my account and nothing works.

Anyone have any similar problems with this recently? They've been nothing but helpful every time I needed to place an order and have always gotten what I needed, but they aren't sure what's going on here and I wanna see if anyone has seen this and fixed it.

Many, if not most, smaller companies use third-party payment processors to manage online payments. The problem may be with a service provider. I had a similar problem with our insurance company. Customer service wasn’t much help, except to say “yeah we’re hearing that a lot”. The company changed to a different processor recently; no problems since.

Keep an eye on your credit card statements. I've had something similar happen where I was declined and it ended up being a scam. Doubt that's the case with AiH, but best to be mindful.

I've never had this issue with AiH. I always use PayPal and it works just fine. I'd maybe reach out to them and see if there's something they can do.

I’ve made two orders from the. In the last month or so. No issues whatsoever. I use Apple Pay with them though.

I reached out to them. Apparently they updated their system and now if the billing address isn't the EXACT same as on your bank statement (like, Ave to Avenue, or even capital letters), it will kick it back saying it's bad. So maybe that is just my problem.

Hoping this can help someone who is having a similar problem like me.

I reached out to them. Apparently they updated their system and now if the billing address isn't the EXACT same as on your bank statement (like, Ave to Avenue, or even capital letters), it will kick it back saying it's bad. So maybe that is just my problem.

Hoping this can help someone who is having a similar problem like me.
That’s very interesting information. I recently had an identical experience, but with a different vendor. I tried numerous times to complete an online transaction on their website, but every time I pushed the payment button, it said my payment was declined. I contacted my credit card company and they said everything was fine with my card and they could see every time I tried to complete the payment but it was immediately declined on the vendor’s end every time. I wonder now if I wasn’t entering my billing information correctly. I was able to complete the transaction by having the store manually enter my card information over the phone.

I still wasn't able to get anything ordered online, but called them up and it took the guy about 30 seconds to run my card and place my order. Who knows...

Check your info on the website for your card issuer, or call the number on the back of your card. They should be able to see and tell you the specific reason for the rejection.

Once, and it's been a long time ago, I started using a phone number for my account on the vendor site that didn't match the phone number my card issuer knew about. So it was rejected until I called and added that other phone number I began using.

I believe this was an issue that required more than normal CC verification because I was having the items delivered to other than my CC billing address.

I had this issue and they called them. They helped me figure out that when I was trying to do the order thru my phone i have a VPN enabled...so they're secure processing declined to do business with me because it thought I was a security risk.
Well...a lot of people use VPN to protect privacy, so that's a tricky one...
But either way, they got me taken care of over the phone, very friendly and helpful! :D

I had an issue with Delta Airlines. I was charged over $21,000 for three different flights on the same day with the same passengers. Took some time to get resolved!

Back