• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Reasonable price for a Zymatic, new in the box?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alternety

Reaction score
I have a Zymatic I have never used. Still packed.

I would like to sell it. I would appreciate some input on a reasonable asking price for the unit. It would be the Zymatic system and a keg.

Located near Burlington WA. I would like to get a local (i.e., you can come and pick it up) sale, but I would add shipping cost to price if I don't. So if you care to give me a feeling for a fair price, please make it just for the equipment.

I plan to advertise it on some sites (e.g., here) and probably Craigslist.

Thanks

To answer the question I think that the trade in value from Pico sets the bar. $600 for the old version.

Sorry it took so long to answer.

If I simply sent it back to PicoBrew when my new one arrives, they will credit me with $600 and pay to pack and ship it back to them. They don't want anything returned except the machine. So your offer is, unfortunately not interesting. My guess is that PicoBrew will refurbish and update returned used units and resell them at some higher price that is less than the new one. The one I have could be updated; but does not even require cleaning. And I don't actually know what they will do. There were a couple of parts that needed replacement on the original. They were still getting their feet on the ground for manufacturing processes and working with the Chinese. They fixed that for purchasers. I would suggest you ask PicoBrew about updating the unit if you bought it.

I would need $900 + shipping to sell it. And I suspect getting it to Canada will be pricey. I am about 3,000 miles away, and across an international border. And both of us driving to Vancouver is probably not practical (at least on your part). I am not trying to discourage you; but you have to think about what you want to do.

It has never been used. So it is just what you would have gotten new if you had bought it. But for a lot more money. You may want to talk to PicoBrew to see what an update would cost if you owned it. I am guessing free; but I don't know. But a whole bunch of people have been using these things to make beer for several years. And PicoBrrew has been very supportive for any problems. This was PicoBrew V.1. Probably V.x now.

Your choice is a unit that is significantly less than the original price with some updates, or something like $1600 (I don't remember exactly) for the new version. Both will make beer.

The upcoming version is yet more expensive. Actually, a lot more expensive. I am not sure where I am on the list; but I am not in a hurry. I have only recently been able to make a space for brewing.

You just need to figure out what your want to do.

I will take the lack of response as a no; not interested.

I am trying to provide a reasonable balance. I believe that, overall, if you do not want to buy the new generation brewery, it is a reasonable compromise.

If I just return it to PicoBrew, I have a reasonable return. At my pricing suggestion, I win: and someone else wins by getting a functional (e.g., pristine) first generation brewing device. if they do not want to save money on the original generation or spend the price of the next generation, they need to explore less functional alternatives.

Everybody can win.

Back