Real basic labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jajabee

Reaction score
Slapped these together for a birthday the other day, they were a hit. Spray painted some existing boxes black. The small text has the ABV, brew date, and a happy birthday message.

3587628754_5e124f3364.jpg

I like them. Sometimes simple things really work.

Cool Idea painting the six pack holders. I'm gonna do that myself.

Very cool. I could see it becoming the regular style of your brew labels too - not just for special occasions. You could always fit your brew name top or bottom.

Yeah, Amen to the simpler is better mantra...
I'm not quite sure what it is with homebrewers' labels, but it seems like so many people feel the need to write a diatribe about how their beer has the finest barley and hops, the origins of the style, and every quantifiable measurement about the batch (OG, SG, ABV, ABW, fl. oz., etc).

I agree with everything said above - less is more, and in this case - it's very true.

I'd really love to see one of those labels on a bottle and all it says is "BEER"

Indeed. Those are clean and classy. +1

We're all proud of our brew--I'm sure we've all fallen into the trap of designing a label that has too much crap on it. You just like sharing!

On the plus side, Rock Bottom Brewery prints a card that lists their grain bill, hops, OG and FG for most of their beers. Makes the clones a breeze (except all my beers are better)!

Oh, I totally still want to do the really over-the-top labels too. :D People like reading them! Just look at Stone's labels, damn! Those are hilarious.

But yeah, these were easy to knock out real quick, do the job, and they'll be easy to redo for each new batch. And I totally want to do the "BEER" label now. :D Thanks!

Nice! Looks really good on the bottles and 6 pack carrier. Spray painting the 6 pack carriers seems waaaay better than shelling out a buck for a plain one, and the black looks good.

You should add to the label that your Hop your beer three times in the process! just like miller lol!

Yeah, the spraypaint was easy and cheap, I already have a ton of boxes sitting around. You can still see the design under the paint if you really look, it's a faint embossed sort of thing, but no one really looks that close, and it cleans it up nicely for bringing over to someone's house.

I used these stickers: Diskette Labels - Disk Labels - OL225 - 2.75" x 2.75" - 9 Labels Per Sheet , they have the same look and texture as a brown paper bag. I got these ones cause I thought I might want to do neck labels too. They just go through your normal home printer, black ink looks nice on them (though my laser printer ink rubs off a little, you can see on the box in that photo. Gives it a weathered look).

I used this font: Oil Makes You Run (Faster) Font | dafont.com

It's really easy to set up in Photoshop or whatever, just do a couple of test prints first to make sure it all lines up how you'd expect coming out of the printer.

Diskette labels! Awesome. How do they hold up to moisture (as in an ice chest). The expensive ones from onlinelabels are ok, but not great.

Do they still make diskettes?

I agree with everything said above - less is more, and in this case - it's very true.

I'd really love to see one of those labels on a bottle and all it says is "BEER"

You beat me to this one, I was thinking the same thing. Also, how about another one that says "BEER LIGHT" for the less filling brews.

On the plus side, Rock Bottom Brewery prints a card that lists their grain bill, hops, OG and FG for most of their beers. Makes the clones a breeze (except all my beers are better)!

do they? I used to go to the one in Arlington all the time.. something about the Radio Tower Red always made me turn bright red. My roommate at the time (japanese) said it made me look asian.

You've inspired me. I've begun painting all of my boxes black and I'm going to put my brewery name on them.

I ordered 100 sheets of the labels from your link. I like the look, but I went with the white labels because I really want to do the "BEER" label.

Shee-yoot, I don't normally even bottle. But some things you just gotta do!

hey hey, nice look (love dafont). I was checking out similar labels for a wedding brew. Two questions:
1. how do the labels look when they get wet, like in the ice chest question earlier.
2. how easy is it to get the labels off, will a soak in oxyclean take care of it?

Thanks,

do they? I used to go to the one in Arlington all the time.. something about the Radio Tower Red always made me turn bright red. My roommate at the time (japanese) said it made me look asian.

Yeah--I think it's new. They have the cards which have the hops, the grains, the OG and the ABV.

Up here they call it "Red Rocks Red" in reference to Red Rocks Park. That's a pretty solid red.

Latest posts

Back