(Re

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cregan13

Reaction score
Last night I discovered my co2 tank was empty. My last draught beer was on Sunday night and everything was fine. Last night (Tues) I got no flow through the taps. I got my tank refilled this morning. Beer is flowing again though I am still trying to figure out if my regulator gauge is messed up or if there is a bleed in the line somewhere. My immediate problem though is that tomorrow is T-giving and I have one HB keg that is now "lightly carbonated" and a commercial keg that is flat. I pumped up the psi on them to 30 in an effort to recarbonate them. If it isn't having the desired result by later tonight I am going to try rolling them. Any thoughts on this approach? Anyone have luck recarbonating before? Will is affect flavor? Any thoughts on why my gas disappeared and the beer went flat?

Thanks

I have "re-carbonated" a HB brown ale before. It worked fine and if it affected the taste, it was minumal. Never tried a commercial but hey, what do you have to lose?
I am pretty sure your gas left and the beer went flat because you have a leak. That's what happened to mine. Put some Starsan in a spray bottle and check your connections. - Dwain

Yep, if you had a sealed system, the keg would stay carb'd when CO2 ran out.

My vote is check the disconnects and gas line connections into the gas QD's in particular, if this system has been fine for a long time and just now developed a leak.

Back