Razzzberry Honey?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIM_Tattoos

Reaction score
**Okay, so I'm not to sure where this thread should be located but this seemed like a good place feel free to move if the mod feels it should.**

But anyways so I'm still using the Mr. Beer kit just getting the feel for brewing and I want to practice all levels before moving up. So here is my question, I want to do a Rasberry Pale Ale off of a canned extract, and finally I want to use honey as my carbonator.

1. Can I use real rasberry's and if so how much, and how should I prepare it as well as when should I add it?

2. How much honey do I use I tried using the sit that was posted earlier but I'm to dumb to fiqure it all out.

Any help would be awesome and I thank you in advance.

1. you can use real raspberries. It depends how much flavour and increased SG you want. If your using Mr beer then I guess you are doing 10 days as per instructions and then to bottle. If that's the case you only have the option to add them into the primary.

2. Why do you want to use honey for priming? I'd want to use something that is going to carb the beer as efficiently and quickly as possible. carbing is not for adding flavour. I've never done it but I'd say honey is not a good choice for priming. If it works let us know. It sounds good.

orfy said:
1. you can use real raspberries. It depends how much flavour and increased SG you want. If your using Mr beer then I guess you are doing 10 days as per instructions and then to bottle. If that's the case you only have the option to add them into the primary.

2. Why do you want to use honey for priming? I'd want to use something that is going to carb the beer as efficiently and quickly as possible. carbing is not for adding flavour. I've never done it but I'd say honey is not a good choice for priming. If it works let us know. It sounds good.

How many raspberries do you suggest in the primary? mashed or whole? Would a natural jam work?

I'm not worried about carbing it fast I want the sweet flavor of the honey.

Back