Raspberrypints Pi3 Buster Arduino Mega 2560... not easy install HELP !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetlag777

Reaction score
Hi all is not going well...

Raspberrypints Installed

ARDUINO Mega 2560 ino altered to 115200 baud rate and pins set to 2.3.10.11

Now the really annoying part.... Doing all that I have been told to do but seems the files are different ie flow_monitor.py is actually FlowMonitor.py

and when I go into FlowMonitor.py to alter certain settings they are not there

Just to explain now that the Arduino IIDE serial monitor not showing a count.... set to USB0

The problem being the link up between the Arduino and the Raspberrypints......

Near the end of my tether with this... I thought kegbot was bad.... but spent 5 days trying to adapt Raspberrypints Buster Arduino Mega 250 to link up thanks guys

All is not going well...

Raspberrypints Installed

ARDUINO Mega 2560 ino altered to 115200 baud rate and pins set to 2.3.10.11

Now the really annoying part.... Doing all that I have been told to do but seems the files are different ie flow_monitor.py is actually FlowMonitor.py

and when I go into FlowMonitor.py to alter certain settings they are not there

Just to explain now that the Arduino IIDE serial monitor not showing a count.... set to USB0

The problem being the link up between the Arduino and the Raspberrypints......

Any chance you could look through your setup and explain what you have

Near the end of my tether with this... I thought kegbot was bad.... but spent 5 days trying to adapt Raspberrypints Buster Arduino Mega 250 to link up thanks

Just trying to help you out, but for some reason the message hasn't sunk in yet.

We have had a discussion going on RaspberryPints for 7 years now, in the thread I provided, here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/thread...spberrypints-digital-taplist-solution.487694/
Simply put, if you want the best level of help, you should be posting your questions therein. The group has helped countless people get their setups running over the many, many years, but they're not going to search all over the forums for questions...

Cheers!

" For some reasn the message hasnt sunk in yet " A strange reply if your trying ti help someone. Suggest you dont bother ok

For the record...here's why @day_trippr asked you to post your problem in the main-thread.

One, he's not using a Mega, he can't necessarily help you to resolution. Two, because he's posted in the main thread, he gets updates on new posts (I'm assuming) and he knows there have been individuals that have used a Mega.....

Two, that means, if you post in the main thread....Mega users might see a new post in their email, and more apt to come in and help. Mega/Pints users may not know of this thread....and they're the ones that can help you.

Now now. I'm assuming there's a functional unfamiliarity with how things work here at play.
While I've been repeatedly trying to nudge the OP towards the font of RaspberryPints information to no avail, I sent an explanatory PM that may square things up.
Or not. Who knows. But I gave it my best shot...

Cheers!

For the record...here's why @day_trippr asked you to post your problem in the main-thread.

One, he's not using a Mega, he can't necessarily help you to resolution. Two, because he's posted in the main thread, he gets updates on new posts (I'm assuming) and he knows there have been individuals that have used a Mega.....

Two, that means, if you post in the main thread....Mega users might see a new post in their email, and more apt to come in and help. Mega/Pints users may not know of this thread....and they're the ones that can help you.

"For some reason the medsage hasnt sunk in yet " is in itself a rude comment... that assumes I am thick ... far from it. I note all the comments that have been made with mixed opinions. Politeness costs nothing.

Back