Raspberry Wheat Ale Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisdon

Reaction score
This is a homemade label that my family and I made for our first homebrew. Raspberry Wheat Ale. "Ted & Bo" is a family joke that started with my sister and I at a young age so we thought it was fitting for our first brew!

58297258537013711.jpg

The small font at the bottom of the brew reads "From the "Well Hole" Wellington Colorado.

Thanks a lot man! I checked out the site for singing boys brewery, that's really cool! The organic cream stout looks great!

I really don't brag on my beer much, I like it, its good, but there are lots of good beers. The cream stout, though, really is my favorite stout. Its well balanced, between the sweetness, maltiness (from using Munich as the base malt), roastiness and bitter.

We split the batch in half and racked half of it onto cherry puree, which some of friends and family really liked.

Let me know how the rasperry wheat turns out! I might have to try a cream stout of my own sometime. I have only done two homebrews so far but Im looking to start whole grain brewing once summer starts and im not so tied up with classes! Any suggestions for whole grain brewing?

Just brewed a Raspberry Wheat today! OT but what yeast did you use bud? Label looks neat by the way, it's always great to incorporate some family flare. Makes it that much more special.

Nice man! Let me know how it turns out! And thanks man!
Umm im actually not too sure of the yeast that I used. This was my first homebrew and being so excited I really rushed into it without writing down much or keeping record. I remember it was a dry yeast recommended by my local homebrew supply store.

Thanks for the link to the recipe! And yea anything that you would suggest to help me get started with it?

Chris, first, there is nothing wrong with extract brewing - you can make great handmade beers with extract, in a variety of styles. So, my first advice would be to not rush into it.

All-grain brewing requires a significant amount of equipment, minimally a stove that can boil 8 gallons of water, a pot big enough to hold that much water, a mash tun, and a wort chiller. For many of us, that stove has to be propane, so we can't do it in the house/apartment. For me, a brew session usually takes 4 hours (and many brewers take longer), whereas an extract batch can usually be done in 2 or so.

There is a guy here on HBT (Deathbrewer) who put together a really interesting picture tutorial on how to do a stove-top partial mash, with little or no extra equipment from what you probably already have - its at https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy-partial-mash-brewing-pics-75231/

Partial Mash is a technique bridging the gap between extract and all-grain - you both mash grain and use extract. Or you might just spend some time experimenting with different extract recipes for a while - like I said, you can make excellent beer with extract.

Cheers! :mug:

Jim,

Thanks for the advice! I definitely understand that it would take a lot more equipment and time. Maybe once I get home from college this summer I will start experimenting with a wide variety of extracts and the partial mash technique. Thanks again for all the help!

-Chris

Back