Raspberry Pi cannot see Tilt Hydrometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgranger

Small Wave Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, running Stretch. Two arduino fermentation controllers are currently paired to the Pi's internal bluetooth, all using Fermentrack to control and track. Bluetooth on the Pi is functioning well, as the controllers are talking to the Pi solely via Bluetooth. My Tilt hydrometer is working, as I can verify progress using the iOS app. However I want to use Fermentrack's built in support for Tilt to track remotely. My Pi doesn't seem to be detecting it, though. I've moved it right up against the wall of my stainless conical, and still nothing. I ran sudo hcitool lescan on the Pi to see if it is seen at all, and nothing. I've run updates on my Pi, including to the bluetooth drivers, etc.

From what I can tell, the Tilt is working, and Bluetooth is working, but am I missing something that needs to be done for the Pi to detect it?

This same happened to me now. I tested the Tilt earlier and everything was ok. Now that the device is in the fermentor, I cannot get readings.

The hydrometer works with the Android app, and Bluetooth on the Pi works. They just don't work together!

Back