Raspberry Pi Brewery Timer???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen folks use it to control a smoker. It turns a stoker fan on/off based on a pit temp thermometer. It can surely control a brewery.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've seen folks use it to control a smoker. It turns a stoker fan on/off based on a pit temp thermometer. It can surely control a brewery.

I'm not looking for something to control my brewery, I merely want to run a timer on my LED display in my garage where I brew. The LED display is connected to a Raspberry Pi.

That should be no prob for the R Pi.

I think you should write it.

All it needs is a simple python script to run in the background.

I haven't messed around with the RPI yet but I've been interested in it to use in conjunction with an arduino for a bit of a fancy brewing setup. Speaking of which I personally think an arduino would be a better option for what you are looking for.

If I find anything I'll let you know. Thats the best I can do for now.

I think you should write it.

All it needs is a simple python script to run in the background.

I haven't messed around with the RPI yet but I've been interested in it to use in conjunction with an arduino for a bit of a fancy brewing setup. Speaking of which I personally think an arduino would be a better option for what you are looking for.

If I find anything I'll let you know. Thats the best I can do for now.

I wouldn't even know where to start coding it. The reason I went with the RPi was in anticipation of this project getting finished: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/initial-release-raspberrypints-digital-taplist-solution-456809/

Back