Raspberry Pi controlling Avantco IC3500 induction heater single kettle system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersugar

Reaction score
Hi! I wanted to post the github I just published here so hopefully someone else is helped by this.
Using a Raspberry Pi 3b+, DS18B20 temperature sensors, a 3.5" LCD screen, an Avantco IC3500 induction heater, and a 10 gallon kettle, I put together a system which has been making me very happy. I downsized from a 15 gallon system using CraftBeerPi and then did a few batches without any control, which felt like a massive downgrade, mash temperatures-wise. So I went in on following the guidance of others on this forum and set up really simple control through the raspberry pi. I've now gone a little further and put together a set of scripts to make a little kiosk and web interface for temperature control. I wanted to provide my work for other people to use and a little guidance. Facts are I probably missed some stuff but I'm very proud of myself.
Here's the Github link:
https://github.com/eamwind/BrewControlPi

Attachments

• piscreen.png
    piscreen.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Wow, this is incredible, thanks for sharing. I have an induction burner (just 1800W), but it's digital buttons based, so I figured tearing it apart to try to figure out how to drive the element (inductor?) was less fruitful that looking into other heating methods ...seeing that you have accomplished this I'll definitely give it another look! Thanks!

There's no risk in taking a look and if there's something to solder to/ interact with it should be possible. You can also take a look at the work done here
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/avantco-ic3500-induction-burner-hacked-by-an-arduino.643805/
where he basically replaced the interface board.
Wow, this is incredible, thanks for sharing. I have an induction burner (just 1800W), but it's digital buttons based, so I figured tearing it apart to try to figure out how to drive the element (inductor?) was less fruitful that looking into other heating methods ...seeing that you have accomplished this I'll definitely give it another look! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back