Raspberry Pi/Arduino Automation Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmcars2000

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm looking into rebuilding my current electrical system together. After a problem with humidity and blowing my PIDs and contactors I invested in a GFCI that I forgot about (never forget that by the way)

My system currently has:

(1) 240v input

(1) 240v output - 5500W heating element for Boil Tank
(2) 120V outputs - (1) for my pump and (1) for a 1500W recirculating Element for my Mash Tank

The original setup consisted of (2) 3-Wire PT100 Temp sensors (2) PIDS with (2) SSRs that hooked up to the contactors turning them on and off based on the temperature. These PIDs being Auberins EZ Boils.

I have a Raspberry Pi and Arduino Mega laying around at the house and wanted to use them or one of them to replace the PIDs.

Does anyone have any suggestions or wiring diagrams/source code that can help me put this all together?

Hello All,

I'm looking into rebuilding my current electrical system together. After a problem with humidity and blowing my PIDs and contactors I invested in a GFCI that I forgot about (never forget that by the way)

My system currently has:

(1) 240v input

(1) 240v output - 5500W heating element for Boil Tank

(2) 120V outputs - (1) for my pump and (1) for a 1500W recirculating Element for my Mash Tank

The original setup consisted of (2) 3-Wire PT100 Temp sensors (2) PIDS with (2) SSRs that hooked up to the contactors turning them on and off based on the temperature. These PIDs being Auberins EZ Boils.

I have a Raspberry Pi and Arduino Mega laying around at the house and wanted to use them or one of them to replace the PIDs.

Does anyone have any suggestions or wiring diagrams/source code that can help me put this all together?

Are you already fluent with the Arduino PID library? DS18b20 sensors? If not, I’d start there.

Back