Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nasty Coffee Face.jpg

View attachment 735568

This is why I bought a Sawstop

Holy shiat.

As one who has a wood shop full of power tools I find that t-shirt simultaneously funny and scary. And your missing digits--yikes, nothing funny there. I see the woman taking the pic seems to be having a good time. ;) Probably saying, "Well, show 'em what's left of your hand. Show 'em what happens when you play with those toys!"

Glad you got the SawStop. I saw a demo of that at a WW show. The guy shoved a raw hot dog in the blade and it stopped after only nicking it.

I have a good dose of fear of all my power tools, even the docile-looking scroll saw. Any of those can remove a finger in no time. The table saw and sliding miter saw are tied for what I think are the scariest. For the table saw and router table I have a couple good feather boards to hold work pieces in place.

Holy shiat.

As one who has a wood shop full of power tools I find that t-shirt simultaneously funny and scary. And your missing digits--yikes, nothing funny there. I see the woman taking the pic seems to be having a good time. ;) Probably saying, "Well, show 'em what's left of your hand. Show 'em what happens when you play with those toys!"

Glad you got the SawStop. I saw a demo of that at a WW show. The guy shoved a raw hot dog in the blade and it stopped after only nicking it.

I have a good dose of fear of all my power tools, even the docile-looking scroll saw. Any of those can remove a finger in no time. The table saw and sliding miter saw are tied for what I think are the scariest. For the table saw and router table I have a couple good feather boards to hold work pieces in place.
Thankfully that is not me in the pic. I did have a 4x4x1/2 piece of walnut kick back at me and leave a nasty bruise on my belly, thankfully years of home brewed beer save me

Thankfully that is not me in pic. I did have a 4x4x1/2 piece of walnut kick back at me and leave a nasty bruise on my belly, thankfully years of home brewed beer save me

my uncle got a kick back that ruptured his spleen.

be careful out there folks

I always loved the Norm Abrams shows and marveled at their showing how quickly you could cut the parts without showing the agony of hours of setting and test cuts that led up to it.

I used to be active on a woodworking forum some years ago. They had a thread of injury posts that would rival our carboy mishaps thread. Scary shiat.

Never lost a digit, but had a chunk of wood kickback from a table saw once. Gave me a nice bruise on my hip. Any farther to the left and I'd be singing soprano. If anyone has a table saw or router table, there's a neat device called Board Buddies. I have them on my saw now.

I used to be active on a woodworking forum some years ago. They had a thread of injury posts that would rival our carboy mishaps thread. Scary shiat.

Never lost a digit, but had a chunk of wood kickback from a table saw once. Gave me a nice bruise on my hip. Any farther to the left and I'd be singing soprano. If anyone has a table saw or router table, there's a neat device called Board Buddies. I have them on my saw now.

The guy who invented those is probably a millionaire several times over by now.

IMG_20210717_114249495.jpg

Marooned in Mozambique!
I was supposed to be arriving in Tucson this afternoon, but my pre-flight nose swab came back positive. Under house arrest quarantine at the hotel for 10 days before I can re-test. I'm not sick at all, I had the J&J vaccine 2 weeks ahead of this trip, but some of the nasty bugs are hiding in my nose regardless.
The pic is of a container vessel coming in to port, the first I've seen arriving in several days. Out of frame to the left are 6 more cargo ships that have been anchored out there for at least 3 days. I can only surmise that they are under quarantine too.
Raise a glass to bored sailors and bored aircraft mechs!

View attachment 735811

Marooned in Mozambique!
I was supposed to be arriving in Tucson this afternoon, but my pre-flight nose swab came back positive. Under house arrest quarantine at the hotel for 10 days before I can re-test. I'm not sick at all, I had the J&J vaccine 2 weeks ahead of this trip, but some of the nasty bugs are hiding in my nose regardless.
The pic is of a container vessel coming in to port, the first I've seen arriving in several days. Out of frame to the left are 6 more cargo ships that have been anchored out there for at least 3 days. I can only surmise that they are under quarantine too.
Raise a glass to bored sailors and bored aircraft mechs!

Might be quarantine, might be waiting for Durban and Richard's Bay to confirm it is safe to approach after the sh*t that happened this week.

Is room service delivering beer at least?

Might be quarantine, might be waiting for Durban and Richard's Bay to confirm it is safe to approach after the sh*t that happened this week.

Is room service delivering beer at least?
Haven't asked for beer yet, but it is on the room service menu. I've been fighting with the hotel for coffee and water most of the day, gotta have some priorities. Just hope my bag of tobacco lasts another week.
😎

View attachment 735858
Yes, they do. That's a $30 dinner here.

That's probably $30 most anywhere in the US, what with restaurant prices jumping up. At least you have food and beer--the necessities. I'm assuming your employer provides a per diem for this?

Stay safe.

The Computerized Directional System ??
The Certified Defective Side ??
Type Certificate Data Sheet. It’s the document which describes, in great detail, exactly which parts and pieces constitute a Bugsmasher XL 1000, or whatever, aircraft type.

Back