Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when someone posts a recipe on HBT & asks for opinions & I want to reply "IT WILL MAKE BEER!"

but then I don't want people to know how much an a-hole I really am, so I actually reply...

good luck.jpg

when someone posts a recipe on HBT & asks for opinions & I want to reply "IT WILL MAKE BEER!"

but then I don't want people to know how much an a-hole I really am, so I actually reply...

View attachment 811314
1675136983471.png

1675137026198.png

i'm not sure why your comment and pic reminded me of another scene..... :mug:

I've always had a warm spot in my heart for Borland. From the get go as they took on 123 with Quattro Pro and Paradox took on DBase. Love Turbo Basic and Turbo C. Just good times in the early days when you could disassemble DOS and poke around.

Anyway, who the F does their eventual incarnation of "Embarcadero" have proof reading their email adverts??!!

1675268178490.png

Or am I so old as to think they meant "Cross" platform?
Or is Croll-Platform some new fangled Pilates Yoga Chai tea magnet crystal new age something?

I've always had a warm spot in my heart for Borland. From the get go as they took on 123 with Quattro Pro and Paradox took on DBase. Love Turbo Basic and Turbo C. Just good times in the early days when you could disassemble DOS and poke around.

Anyway, who the F does their eventual incarnation of "Embarcadero" have proof reading their email adverts??!!

View attachment 811588

Or am I so old as to think they meant "Cross" platform?
Or is Croll-Platform some new fangled Pilates Yoga Chai tea magnet crystal new age something?

i liked "allow you develop fast" the best, lol

While I appreciate the sentiment, the grammarian in me
View attachment 811974
cringes at "dubios".

That's posted in venues all over the place, usually in an area frequented by stagehands where the 'talent' never sees it. Some bolder IATSE locals will have it posted where it can be seen by those who should. Not like they read it anyway.

Thankfully this example is merely a bad transcription. Most aren't quite so dubios.

Back