Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly a gift from his ex-wife. He thinks it has something to do with sailing…
0430EB6C-1E7E-4EC0-8F6F-7EDCB225CC33.jpeg

We've been banging between wet and heat all summer - it has been one of the wettest summers on record here yet there were stretches of insane heat mixed in. But finally the first toms of the year started ripening a few days ago. Been enjoying tomato sandwiches for lunch all week...

firsttoms2023.jpg

Cheers!

While driving back from Billings this evening I stopped along the west slope of the Little Rocky Mountains to take this pic of the sun setting over the Bear Paw Mountains, which are about 25 miles NW of the LR range. Wildfire smoke makes it hard to pick out the mountains but makes the sunset stand out.
49B1125C-5134-4BC4-A960-035809652A8D.jpeg

We've been banging between wet and heat all summer - it has been one of the wettest summers on record here yet there were stretches of insane heat mixed in. But finally the first toms of the year started ripening a few days ago. Been enjoying tomato sandwiches for lunch all week...

View attachment 827375

Cheers!
The weather in our part of France has been much more normal than the past 10 years. It's been cooler with enough rain, but not too much. We've been eating tomatoes for a month now. Lunch most days is a salad: tomatoes, beets, carrots, boiled eggs, and canned tuna or mackerel..

Mine are just starting to turn. went in late ...

View attachment 827543
Tomorrow we'll put a concrete border to hold the sand, when we get back we'll finish with a border of white marble and steps up to the upper yard.
It's 36 square meters, plenty of room and it's finished.

Looks good. Is it normal practice where you are to use sand as patio base? We always use a stone dust/aggregate mix, as it compacts solid and stays put. Hope your pavers don't shift.

Looks good. Is it normal practice where you are to use sand as patio base? We always use a stone dust/aggregate mix, as it compacts solid and stays put. Hope your pavers don't shift.
We have 10cm of coarse gravel called base coarse, packed by a 5 ton roller. Then 6 cm of packed/rolled sand. Finally a concrete skirt to prevent sand from moving..

Fear not my less cognitively blessed friend, the humour you speak of is not fully lost, but the banter opportunity bequeathed upon myself simply could not be ignored.
In short, being American, you are forgiven.
Now I shall hastily halt my-self, else, alas, the mods shall be upon me.

Back