Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little morning “Wtf? Wanna know the story behind that”
IMG_8753.JPG

Soda, vs Pop vs Coke vs OtherView attachment 641587
I recently took an online survey for gits and shiggles. Some university researchers with way too much grant money on their hands spent years compiling excruciatingly detailed data on this sort of thing. They made a map of micro-dialects in the USA, and a program which, by your answers to 20 questions, could identify exactly where you live within a few miles.

Now, I've been born and raised, and lived almost all of my life, in the same county in NE Ohio, except for (as an adult) a few years in England and some time elsewhere in OH and MI, and my parents were locals as well. Those wondrous algorithms determined that I was, without question, from Santa Rosa, but had spent some time in Fresno.

I recently took an online survey for gits and shiggles. Some university researchers with way too much grant money on their hands spent years compiling excruciatingly detailed data on this sort of thing. They made a map of micro-dialects in the USA, and a program which, by your answers to 20 questions, could identify exactly where you live within a few miles.

Now, I've been born and raised, and lived almost all of my life, in the same county in NE Ohio, except for (as an adult) a few years in England and some time elsewhere in OH and MI, and my parents were locals as well. Those wondrous algorithms determined that I was, without question, from Santa Rosa, but had spent some time in Fresno.

Do you say “hella” very often?

local homebrew club buddy/pro brewer got someone to draw his picture, then got a bunch of stickers made from it. he sticks them somewhere in every brewery he visits.

I put one on the back of my phone & use it to line up the best spot to attach my phone to air vent magnets in the car

clear coat seems to be peeling off

mitches mug.jpeg

Last edited:
Ain't no spotted cow in that scene !
:mug:
Them are Masshole cows :) Altho a spotted cow at the top of the walk would have been good. Took that on a walk after dinner in the next town over. No Photoshop filters either. All natural color. I had better shots with the hills in the background but the sun saturated out the pic.

That area was owned a long time ago I think by a doctor. He built a hunting lodge/castle for his wife. It was burnt down in the 20's when a 4th of July party got out of control and the fireworks burned the place down. Here's what is left of it directly behind the cow picture

IMG_20190826_191226.jpeg
IMG_20190826_191319.jpeg

That is because they are Black Angus. I drive past that when I drive to work, never been up to the ruins on the hill overlooking that pasture.
Thats Gibbetts Hill which is old english for Gallows Hill :) There's a another twin knoll that has a 360° clear view right off Shattuck rd. You have to walk thru the bulls pasture tho.

Yup! You can walk up the hill from the restaurant.

Cool, I'd like to see that stone work.
Love the restaurant, been a family favorite for awhile now, great place for special occasions when you just don't want to deal with driving into The Big City. I need to take The Spousal Unit out there again while the weather is still fair...

Cheers!

Back