Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately the tavern doesn't open until 12 on Saturday, but the bringing of homebrew for sharing was strongly encouraged!

I can be there Saturday AM. And Julie said that I am free to come up there at any time to help you break down the pallets. Just let me know if you want my assistance, Ryan.

I can't do Saturday AM. I can do most any other time. Does someone mind holding on to the grain for me?

I'll be running an absurd amount in Umstead Park Saturday morning.

We got lucky there. Reelale set up an account last year and we placed our first bulk order. Then Country Malt stopped selling to homebrewers. But, if you already had an account (like Reelale did) you could continue to use it.

Pure dumb luck for us, and now Reelale has power over everyone.

What was the logic of them stopping sales to homebrewers?

Moby

I'm sure that someone can hold your grain for you Frank. That goes for everyone else too. People are pretty good at helping others out if they aren't able to make it to pickup. I actually live over by Umstead so you may be able to come over after you're finished if I'm home. We'll work it out.

I'll try to make it Saturday, I'd like to see everyone. Don't know yet though. If I can't, I'm gonna ask Barc (hint, hint), to picky my 3 lbs. up. He's my brother from a different mother.

What was the logic of them stopping sales to homebrewers?

Moby

What it sounds like is that they started selling to HB stores so it was kind of an agreement for them to stop selling directly to the customer so the HB stores get there cut/markup.

I'll try to make it Saturday, I'd like to see everyone. Don't know yet though. If I can't, I'm gonna ask Barc (hint, hint), to picky my 3 lbs. up. He's my brother from a different mother.

Are you sure? I don't see the resemblance. Hope to see you there Reel, but I understand if you can't make it.

What about our Wilmington and SC folks on here? What say you?

Are you sure? I don't see the resemblance. Hope to see you there Reel, but I understand if you can't make it.

What about our Wilmington and SC folks on here? What say you?

I'm the much better looking bro. You need some help with all that grain.

I should be ok. Walker and barc have volunteered to help. I'm gonna have a buddy helping me more than likely as well, so I should be fine. It really doesn;t take that long to get it all sorted, although I got off easy the last time with a whole pallet with just 2-row on it. I've got a system now though that seems to work pretty well.

I should be ok. Walker and barc have volunteered to help. I'm gonna have a buddy helping me more than likely as well, so I should be fine. It really doesn;t take that long to get it all sorted, although I got off easy the last time with a whole pallet with just 2-row on it. I've got a system now though that seems to work pretty well.

I'll take all my splits in the original bags, if that's ok. I collect them. I'm weird.

I. Am. So. There!

You. Are. A. Good. Man.

Saturday sounds good. I can help sort also. I'm not sure about drinking that early in the day, but someone can probably twist my arm.

I'll take all my splits in the original bags, if that's ok. I collect them. I'm weird.

Dallas is slowly wallpapering his garage with them, so... you might be weird, but you aren't alone.

I am in on three splits. C60, Carapils, and Maris Otter.

I've got two large tupperware containers that each hold about 12# of grain, so I'll bring those for my portions of the crystal and carapils.

The sack of maris otter is actually all going with me. Chad needed grain, so he came by Monday and took 27.5# of the Maris Otter I already had on hand.

Unfortunately I will be in Myrtle beach next weekend. Anyone in the Raleigh area that can hold my 3 bags of grain + 1 split for me?

Walker, I'm still keeping you as my contingency plan but I will try to actually make the pickup the day of either in person or have my Raleigh friend do it. I'd like to meet some fellow HBTers but driving in from Winston Salem on a Saturday morning isn't the most likely scenario. I foresee me leaving WS at or around 10-11 and I think it is roughly a 2 hour drive.

Walker, I'll keep you posted by phone on pickup day.

Unfortunately I will be in Myrtle beach next weekend. Anyone in the Raleigh area that can hold my 3 bags of grain + 1 split for me?

Preferably someone who lives in North Raleigh or north east Wake County.

Thanks!
foltster

Walker, I'm still keeping you as my contingency plan but I will try to actually make the pickup the day of either in person or have my Raleigh friend do it. I'd like to meet some fellow HBTers but driving in from Winston Salem on a Saturday morning isn't the most likely scenario. I foresee me leaving WS at or around 10-11 and I think it is roughly a 2 hour drive.

Walker, I'll keep you posted by phone on pickup day.

No problem. Just let me know.

If there's anyone from the Clayton/Garner area that ordered and cannot make it, I can grab yours when I'm there and we can meet somewhere later that weekend.

Of course if it's raining, This may not be the best option in my truck.

What's the address of the pick-up loc? I want to know how long of a drive I'm in for.

If I had to guess.... I wouldn't guess. I'd look back up a few posts.

Delivery date is set for Wednesday, 2 March, 2011 to the following location:

Fullstream Brewing
726 Rigsbee Ave.
Durham, NC 27701

I'll post if there is a change.

Good brewing, all.

Fullsteam Brewery
726 Rigsbee Ave
Durham, NC 27701

And pickup will be around back of the building (Madison St)

Reelale said:
I'm afraid it's gonna be a long road for you, wherever you are coming from.

Looks like a quick 30min drive up 40. Naught bad.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Home Brew Talk

Saturday morning works for me. And, Skee if you need help with the unloading, let me know. My schedule is flexible.

Chad

You. Are. A. Good. Man.

I collect them , too. I hang them up high in the man cave, my wonder 24 X 40 shop that SWAMBO never enters.. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm afraid it's gonna be a long road for you, wherever you are coming from.

ABout an hour and half for me, trafic considered. Anyone farther?

Walker, Reel and Skee.. in appreciation/adoration/reverence etc. if youre interested in some of my specialty grains i will be happy to share.. thanks for setting this up!

i got honey malt, crystal 40 and 15 and caramunich 40

may the Schwartz be with YOU!

Order has been confirmed via email. Delivery date is confirmed. The ball is squarely in Skee's court now.

Just let me know if you need me to pick it up. I can drop it off Monday. :)

Ok. I want to be completely up-front on these orders. I went back through the invoice last night. I did not see a line item for tax. NCM invoices by unit (bag) price and extends it by quantity. Going through the invoice, item by item, I did notice some discrepancies. For instance:

NCM invoiced BD-MOPA @ $35.83/bag. The spreadsheet had it at $35.20/bag.

NCM invoiced GW-2ROW @ $25.00/bag. The spreadsheet had it at $27.00/bag.

As you can see, there is no pattern to account for the differences. The bottom line is the invoice came in at $159.43 less than what people paid me.

I don't relish the thought of calling NCM and going through prices, item by item. I didn't check the last order as closely, and it would have been even more convoluted with the refund of the shipping charge. I do not have that invoice as I destroy them once the sale is complete. I simply take the paypal balance, transfer to my bank account and pay with a credit card.

It appears to me that everyone is satisfied with the price they are paying for their malt. I'm not doing this to make money, I'm doing it to help people out. I have ordered, for myself, about 50 lbs. total on the last two orders.

So, if anyone has any problems with me retaining this overage as a "service fee", please PM me and I'll refund your pro-rated amount, if we can figure it out. Thanks.

If everyone else "tipped" you as much as I did, you should have gotten that much anyway...

I'm personally not concerned. Buy yourself and your wife a nice dinner.

If everyone else "tipped" you as much as I did, you should have gotten that much anyway...

I'm personally not concerned. Buy yourself and your wife a nice dinner.

Nah, total "tips" came in at a whopping $22.00. I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on.

Back