Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy-Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap now I HAVE to buy a mill..... although not a bad problem to have. (-:

A mill might be the BEST piece of equipment that I have ever purchased for homebrewing.

Also, the grain has still not yet been delivered. Those of you that said you were coming at 12:00 may want to check here and see if it is delivered yet before you head over. Otherwise, you can always drink at the tavern I suppose. Just a heads up. I will post as SOON as I get word that the truck is there.

Ok, I'm getting antsy. I don't want to make the trip to Durham on an assumption. If I don't hear anything by 1:30, I'm calling NCM and getting the carrier number from the bill of lading and calling them directly.

I'm at fullsteam, the grain is not. Reel, I sent you my # the other day if you wanna give me a call later for any updates. Later.

I'm at fullsteam, the grain is not. Reel, I sent you my # the other day if you wanna give me a call later for any updates. Later.

Ok, but could you please pm me your number again? I have 10 pages of messages.:eek:

Coastwx, your PM box is full. I will be working till around 3:30 and then heading there so you'll probably be gone. I can pay you through PayPal or send you a check, it's your preference.

Mikethepoolguy said:
Has grain arrived yet?

Not yet.

I'm awaiting a call from NCM. I guess I'll start that way. Worst case, we can all drown our sorrows together.

Not yet.

I'm awaiting a call from NCM. I guess I'll start that way. Worst case, we can all drown our sorrows together.

Sounds like a plan. I'll be here. And in case anyone is wondering, the grain is not. But at least they have beer.

Hold the presses. Staci from NCM called the Hickory warehouse and the shipment did not go out until today. R & L Shipping does not do same-day delivery. They won't deliver until Monday. I apologize, but it was completely out of my hands. They did, however, offer to refund the freight charge. I'll refund this to each buyer via paypal when it posts to my account. Again, I'm sorry for this mix-up.

It looks like Monday pick-up, same place. I know I won't be able to be there until probably 6:00 pm. I hope this doesn't cause a problem.

Hold the presses. Staci from NCM called the Hickory warehouse and the shipment did not go out until today. R & L Shipping does not do same-day delivery. They won't deliver until Monday. I apologize, but it was completely out of my hands. They did, however, offer to refund the freight charge. I'll refund this to each buyer via paypal when it posts to my account. Again, I'm sorry for this mix-up.

It looks like Monday pick-up, same place. I know I won't be able to be there until probably 6:00 pm. I hope this doesn't cause a problem.

Monday is MLK day. Will this work out with both the shipping company and full-steam for a Monday delivery?

Monday is MLK day. Will this work out with both the shipping company and full-steam for a Monday delivery?

Just called Skee, and he cleared it with the brewery, they are brewing Monday. Let me call NCM again.

Confirmed with R&L Freight that they WILL be operating as normal on Monday, 17 January.

So that information, along with the double-promise from NCM, indicates the grain will be delivered as promised, on Monday.

New person at NCM + New warehouse in Hickory = a mix-up on our order.

Skee's gonna determine the best way to handle the pick-up and let everyone know. I recommend that we schedule a one-hour block of time, workable for everyone, that we can get in, get the grain, and get out the brewery's way. Then we should all purchase pints in the tasting room. If you don't want to drink yours, I'll take it. I'll have a designated driver.

Again, apologies for the mix-up.

Noted, glad I didnt decide to trek to Durham to wait on it. Monday it is, or isnt.

I was actually looking forward to a cold pint. If I had been on the road when I got the call, I would have continued on to Durham. Hell, Skee's there, and buying rounds for everyone.

Actually I've been hanging out with the brewers drinking for free for the last couple hours. Even though the grain didn't show up, it was better than being at work.4

Confirmed with R&L Freight that they WILL be operating as normal on Monday, 17 January.

So that information, along with the double-promise from NCM, indicates the grain will be delivered as promised, on Monday.

New person at NCM + New warehouse in Hickory = a mix-up on our order.

Skee's gonna determine the best way to handle the pick-up and let everyone know. I recommend that we schedule a one-hour block of time, workable for everyone, that we can get in, get the grain, and get out the brewery's way. Then we should all purchase pints in the tasting room. If you don't want to drink yours, I'll take it. I'll have a designated driver.

Again, apologies for the mix-up.

Don't sweat it, Reel. **** happens, and you can't beat the prices we're getting.

I've got Monday off, so I can stop by at any time.

Sounds impossible! The tap room is open from 4-10 Monday, I don't think they would mind us stopping by to grab our malt during that period, would they?

From what Skee describes, they're good people and probably wouldn't mind one way or the other. Just thought it would be a good thing to not impose.

From what Skee describes, they're good people and probably wouldn't mind one way or the other. Just thought it would be a good thing to not impose.

If we do decide to mimimize the disturbance and set a 1 hr time slot, I vote later is better. Not all of us get MLK off, and while I could probably slip away from work earlier in the day to grab the malt, I couldn't have a pint.

Monday should work for me. Even if we delivered today I have to work at 5 so no free beer for this guy today.

Let's do this, what time works for everyone on Monday? Let's start there and I'll make a decision based on what kind of responses I get.

I'm leaning towards 5:00ish here so far. Unless someone wants to convince me otherwise.

Chris, one of the brewers at Fullsteam, offered to share their yeast with us on Monday as well. They will definitely have Wyeast 2112, Cali Lager, and possibly 1098, English Ale, and 3068, Weinenstephan Weizen. All you need to do is bring a sanitized jar for them to put it in. Let me know if you have any questions.

skeeordye11 said:
I'm leaning towards 5:00ish here so far. Unless someone wants to convince me otherwise.

Chris, one of the brewers at Fullsteam, offered to share their yeast with us on Monday as well. They will definitely have Wyeast 2112, Cali Lager, and possibly 1098, English Ale, and 3068, Weinenstephan Weizen. All you need to do is bring a sanitized jar for them to put it in. Let me know if you have any questions.

Is the yeast offer open to everyone?

I will work monday until about 6 in Fayetteville. Reel, you mentioned you live near Pinehurst. Would you be willing to pick up my stuff, if you will be there, and I can meet you somewhere next week. I have some DFH 60 clone that I would love to share with a fellow homebrewer (Shameless offr of a bribe). If this is convenient, I will PM contact info.

Thanks,
Sean

5 works for me. I get off at 5 so it might be at 5:30ish. But I am sure there will still be at least one person lingering, drinking a beer. And free yeast too!

I'm not sure if 5 will work for me or not. I am working on Monday and I have a meeting scheduled for 3pm that could last until 5 maybe 6 but that very well could last longer. I really don't have a firm time that I can say that I can pick up. I guess it will be a last minute game time decision unless someone can grab my grain for me. Skeeordye11, I noticed you live in Brier Creek, as do I. In a pinch do you think you could grab my grain for me? You would be a hero if so!

Ok, let's make it official and say pickup will be between 5-6 on Monday. Remember your sanitized jars if you want yeast. Let me know if you can't be there at that time.

I'm not sure if 5 will work for me or not. I am working on Monday and I have a meeting scheduled for 3pm that could last until 5 maybe 6 but that very well could last longer. I really don't have a firm time that I can say that I can pick up. I guess it will be a last minute game time decision unless someone can grab my grain for me. Skeeordye11, I noticed you live in Brier Creek, as do I. In a pinch do you think you could grab my grain for me? You would be a hero if so!

I think I can help you out here if you can't make it. I don't forsee it being a problem.

Latest posts

Back