Radiohead fans -- The King of Limbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InLimbo

Reaction score
I'm a die hard Radiohead fan. I got LP8 yesterday (The King of Limbs), and was wondering if anyone else has gotten it yet? If so, what do you make of it? It generally takes me a while to get into new albums and this one is no exception. There are a couple standouts, but I'm really sad to say that for the most part this one hasn't really grabbed me like any of their other CDs have. Kind of almost feels like this should have been a side project under a pseudonym. Or it's a drunken collaboration between half of Radiohead and half of Mumford and Sons (who I think are great as well). Any other thoughts?

It's not very original. It almost sounds like b-sides from The Eraser or In Rainbows. But I'm not a big fan of their newer stuff anyway, it just makes me want to listen to The Bends or OK Computer instead.

I havent downloaded the king of limbs yet, but it took me several listens-through of in rainbows before I could really appreciate that album. I'm sure this one will be the same.

I have not downloaded it yet either, but like some of the above, In Rainbows did not impress me. Actually, I haven't just really liked anything since The Bends. I consider The Bends one of THE greatest albums ever made though, so that will always be hard to top for me.

I agree that you have to listen to the newer Radiohead albums a few times to appreciate them more.

Even when I got Kid A years ago I initially thought it was a little too weird for my tastes and not enough guitar work was involved but after listening for years I really like that album.

I haven't listened to it enough to have a solid opinion but I like newer Radiohead. It seems a little short but I have enjoyed it so far.

Latest posts

Back