Racked my mango melomel to secondary today....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuelish

Reaction score
...tastes even better than expected. It may indeed be done fermenting, shall let it clear a bit more and check a few times more, but should have plenty of oomph left to make it sparkling (used Lalvin 1116 or 1118, don't have my papers in front of me, sitting at about 12.5% abv, 0.998 gravity as of now). This should be a SWMBO pleaser :rockin:

Actually, didn't lose near as much as excpected....iirc, I used maybe 3-4 lbs of frozen mango chunks and 5 liters of mango nectar...a very lil bit of pulp made it into secondary, but I was expecting a big mess, so....it went well...can't wait for mrd Fuelish to give it a taste. It went so well I even spared the time to mix up an experimental 1 gal batch of lemon-lime mead (inspired by Skeeter Pee, but several deviations from original recipe, so....Pee it shan't be called

Actually, didn't lose near as much as excpected....iirc, I used maybe 3-4 lbs of frozen mango chunks and 5 liters of mango nectar...a very lil bit of pulp made it into secondary, but I was expecting a big mess, so....it went well...can't wait for mrd Fuelish to give it a taste. It went so well I even spared the time to mix up an experimental 1 gal batch of lemon-lime mead (inspired by Skeeter Pee, but several deviations from original recipe, so....Pee it shan't be called
Excellent. I know that they're famed for being quite fibrous once broken down by the primary ferment (a bit like peaches and apricots can be), so if it came through without so much pulp debris, absolute bonus.......

Actually, I took a look at my log book, it was 5 liters of mango nectar and 5.5 lbs of mango chunks....and, yeah, "soft" fruits can be a headache when it comes to siphoning.

BTW, love your sig quote - been listening to Tom for, what.....40 years now???....and he's still excellent - definitely an American institution, or icon, or something....yeah, he's something, alright :cool:

What was your recipe for this? I've got an excellent mango tree that has really sweet fruit that I wouldn't mind trying out.

Back