Quick Turnaround?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brentt03

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have been contemplating purchasing a brew magic system. My goal in getting this system is to use it to start a very small local microbrewery. I would only need to turn out enough product to supply 2 local bars.

My question is turn around time on product. Using a somewhat commercial system, what could I expect turnaround time to be from boil to bar?

I would brew, ferment for 2 weeks and hit with CO2? Should I keg condition?

As I am still a ways off, I am trying to gather as much info as possible up front.

Any tips, ideas, links? Send my way

Thanks

If you've not looked into this from a business stand point, do that first, it all rides on the 'can I do this for profit, and not get into legal trouble.'

Check with TTB (aka BAFTE) and your local state version there of. That will clear the 'can I make and sell' Cause if you can't do that it won't matter that you can turn around a decent ale in like 10 days if you push it.

I think once you look into the licences and taxes for your particular state, you'll find that the smallest volume you can brew and manage to turn any sort of proffit is going to be on the order of a couple to several barrels per week. Unless these bars are going to be kicking a couple of your kegs per day, every day, I don't think its going to even break even.

*Edit* This came off more negative that I anticipated, so if brewing comercially is something you want to get into, I say go for it! Just be prepared for a more costly initial investment than most people realize.

3 weeks for almost any ale is easy. This is the same with a brew magic or buckets. It all has to do with fermentation control and being able to force carbonate.

This scenario is assuming the LLC is formed and all licenses acquired

Right now the market in Alabama where I'm at is on a huge craft beer kick, I'm thinking if I can sell in 2 bars or more I can profit; not much but still a profit

Just hoping the brew magic system will turn it around, I guess it will come down to proper planning and demand

brentt03... Where in 'bama are you? I just spent the last year and a half in B'ham. I contemplated the same thing due to the craft beer craze, free the hops, etc... but...
The Alabama ABC is one of the biggest pain in the ass liquor boards in the country. They will give you a very hard time with your permits and the like. My buddy Jason did it (Good People Brewing) and if you'd like, I could put you in contact with him to see exactly what you would need to do.

Latest posts

Back