Quick Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cglkaptc

Reaction score
Hi all,

So my little bottling tube thing-a-ma-jigger just broke when I tried to hook up the siphon hose to it. Do I really need this, of can I just put the hose right in the bottle?

I can't see any reason why I would need to get a new one, but I thought I would ask just in case it serves some mystical purpose that I am over looking.

Thanks

Without a bottle filler, how do you plan to stop the flow when you are moving from bottle to bottle, or capping? The magic of the bottle filler is the plastic tab that only lets beer flow when it's pressed against the bottom of the bottle. It's also great for preventing oxygenation.

If you have a hose clamp, you don't need a bottle filler, but it does make it a hell of a lot easier.

I bottled a few batches right rom the spigot of my bottling bucket, but it was a major PITA. I'd also recommend that you go pickup another bottling wand. They don't cost much and are well worth the money.

ohiobrewtus said:
I bottled a few batches right rom the spigot of my bottling bucket, but it was a major PITA. I'd also recommend that you go pickup another bottling wand. They don't cost much and are well worth the money.

I bottle all of my beer through the spigot of my bottling bucket. I have a bottling wand, but the tubing is too big to attach to my spigot, so I just bottle straight from the bucket. I've done 12 batches like this so far, so I don't even think about it anymore.

Back