Quick question before i bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbo404

Reaction score
Im using carbonation drops, and i want to use liters. 1 drop = 12oz bottle. 1liter = 33.8oz
3 drops = for 36oz. Should i break down the carbonation drops or can i go for 3 drops in each liter?

Isn't the idea of carbonation drops to give you a precisely measured amount of priming sugar in each bottle? Seems if you break one into pieces that you'd be no better than just measuring everything yourself and not paying the premium price for them.

I'm still putting my priming sugar in the pot I bottle from. I like the choice of what I prime with. And there is easily found information on how much of what type priming sugar you need to use to give you a expected amount of carbonation.

I know you didn't ask for my 2¢. But you got it anyhow.

Well... good to know for next time lol. I appreciate all the advice. But i ended up cutting them down and using them that way lol.
Every time I brew im learning something new lol.

ive skimped when in a pinch and just measured table sugar straight into the bottle in the past...but I like to live dangerously.

Back