Quick Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nothreat

Reaction score
I brewed my first of 2011 today, an AG American Stout. The brewing went fine and I ended up with an OG of 1.060 (shooting for 1.053). I pitched the yeast (US05) at about 80 degrees and went to clean things up. I came back about 15 minutes later and I noticed airlock activity. I figured it was just cooling or something and ignored it. About an hour later I checked again and I definitely have airlock activity - about a bubble every 30 seconds or so. I have had fermentation start quickly before, but never anything like this. Has any one else experienced this or does anyone have a guess as to what else it could be?

That would be the smallest amount of lag time I've ever heard of. However, that's not saying much since I haven't really paid attention to anything quicker than mine (Maybe 3-4 hours for airlock activity).

Back