quick but not too quick carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that force carbing is the same "AKA" as the shake method or high pressure with purging. I've heard those called burst carbing. Setting at 30 PSI for 24 hours before dropping to serving and not purging is kind of a hybrid. It's not true set-and-forget force carbing, but speeds up the process without the negitives and risk of over carbing.

Simply burping your properly carbed keg to get the pressure down for bottling is not the same as charging to 30psi, shaking and then purging like some people do when burst carbing.

Hmmm however, the topic of losing hop flavor still intrigues me. Thanks for giving me something to research!

Hmmm however, the topic of losing hop flavor still intrigues me. Thanks for giving me something to research!

He was referring to hop aroma, not flavor. Again, I dry-hop in the keg, which has proven to be the best way to get/keep hop aroma, for me.

He was referring to hop aroma, not flavor. Again, I dry-hop in the keg, which has proven to be the best way to get/keep hop aroma, for me.

Sorry i replied wrong i was thinking aroma not flavor.

In dry hopping in kegs do you use a bag inside the keg to keep the hops from coming out or let them run free?

Is it weird that i dry hop both in primary then an oz in the keg later on? Also what effect does gelatin have on force carbing and dry hopping the keg?

Is it weird that i dry hop both in primary then an oz in the keg later on? Also what effect does gelatin have on force carbing and dry hopping the keg?

anyone know? i imagine not a whole lot of effect on the carbing but definitely has to effect the dry hop, right?

When dry hopping in keg do you use a screen/filter or just dump?

5g paint strainer bag, very loosely tied, sanitized first obviously. Then once I seal the keg I give it a shake or two to fully wet the hops. Ideally turn it upside down, or close, a few times.

I responded above...what more do you want to know? I get more aroma from a keg dry-hop and I felt the previous dry-hop was a waste.

Sorry i missed your post. But still interested in what gelatin will do to hop flavor. Especially with kegged hops.

Back