Question regarding Oxygentation/Bernzomatic Tank/Typical Homebrew O2 Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I took the brass regulator I picked up from my LHBS to the local Lowes and attempted to hook it up to a bernzomatic 1.4 oz tank of O2....but I couldnt get it to thread. Is there a trick to this? Do I need to apply teflon tape first? Do I need a larger tank?

I've plumbed the whole setup to oxygenate after chilling and would love to get it working in my next batch on Saturday.

Answers appreciated.

Where you threading it left hand (backwards)? Those tanks are left hand thread and should work just fine with a O2 regulator from an LHBS.

I also find that you have to push it downwards really hard while turning it backwards to get it on. My buddy here brewed last week and I went over there and he would just open the valve and then push the regulator on and hold it until it finished aerating. Seemed like a good alternative.

It should say left hand thread with arrows on the top of the label. It's ok, you were thinking about the outcome of hombrewing... :ban:

Back