Question before I dry Hop.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tipping

Reaction score
I was planning on dry hopping my IPA tonight but got to thinking how I should go about doing it. I have 1 oz of citra left over from earlier Im going to use.

Whats the risk of infecting my batch with bacteria or something using this open bag of hops Ive had stored in my freezer?

I don't plan on transferring into my secondary so I was just going to pitch these hops into my primary for a week and then bottle, is this an effective and safe method?

thanks, looking forward to suggestions.

That's how I've done it in the past. In my opinion, I've found that I get the most aroma from dry hopping if I add the hops about 2-3 days before I bottle.

Awesome, thanks for the response guys. It shall be done. Its been in the primary for about 3 weeks so I plan on dry hopping for one week.

It definitely feels weird but it is very safe. I put mine in the primary for 5 days and it was amazing.

I just dumped an ounce of cascade in the carboy tonight.

The thing I always wonder about is the "Bloop Bloop" - adding oxygen to the wort. I just plop in the pellets.

Back