Question about watery beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wodwo

Reaction score
So, I brewed this (http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/...ginning-homebrewers-hoppy-red-ale-recipe.html), with a few slight alterations. I was at the dry hopping stage on Tuesday, carried it out to shed in the dark and rain and dropped the damn bucket, the lid cracked and I lost almost half the brew onto the floor.

Obviously I was enraged... but then I chilled out and fashioned a lid out of some sterilised plastic bags and rubber bands. But I was still bummed out about having way less beer than planned, so I added a bit of water just so I'd be able to fill a few more bottles......And now I'm worried I've over done it, and added too much water cause it doesn't taste as good anymore. Is there anything I can do to counteract this? Or should I just suck it up and next time carry bucket out to the shed with a torch.

Thanks!

;)

I dunno, I don't have a hydrometer atm so just flying blind you see. it's always worked out before!

fair enough, if you are that concerned with it one option is to boil a pound of DME in a small amount of water and add it to the fermenter, it will kick start fermentation but it will hopefully balance out the extra water.

Back