Question about Starsan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dood56

Reaction score
I bought Starsan on the recommendation of several people on here. When I read the directions, it says to let the keg dry after using it. Do I need to do that or is it ok to dump it and keg my beer right after? I appreciate the help.

No need to let it dry. Starsan is a wet contact, no rinse sanitizer.

Oh yea, and dont fear the foam!!!

Nope no need to rinse, i have even mistakenly added my beer to about 2 pints of starsan before and had no ill effects on the final product. Its the best sanitizer and the no rinse is what makes it so easy.

Chromados

The StarSan directions should not specify that you need to let it dry. Are you sure that you have the right product and/or the right directions?

I think it says something to the effect : Let it air dry.
What they mean is : don't towel dry it because that rag sitting on your counter is nasty :) .

The StarSan directions should not specify that you need to let it dry. Are you sure that you have the right product and/or the right directions?

they definitely do state it, but that's part of the FDA requirement...much like the label stating something like 2 minutes of wet contact time, but the inventor has tested and shown 30 seconds is all it takes to reach 'sanitary standards' in the lab.

Back