Question about price of kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUEnder

Reaction score
I can get eight unreconditioned kegs and two 15lb CO2 tanks for $300. I've never reconditioned kegs before. Is that price a good one or would I be getting ripped off?

It's part of two wet bars that a local hotel is selling.

Thanks in advance.

I just got 2 more used Corny kegs, as-is, but with full sets of new O-rings included for $140 with tax and shipping.

That's a pretty good deal. Figure $30 easy for the tanks, that leaves $240 for 8 kegs = $30 each. It's a bargain.

That's a great deal! Even the kegs alone without the tanks are a good deal. I'd jump on that in a heart beat.

Reconditioning a keg is cheap and easy. All you're doing is replacing the o-rings. You can recondition them yourself and sell any you don't need for $50-$60 each. I had a couple of extra kegs that I wasn't using (regret it now, since now I need them!) that I sold last month for $55 each, not reconditioned, but I included the o-rings.

Yes that is a great deal. However, do you know if the kegs hold pressure? You will most likely need to change the o-rings out which is only about 5 bucks a keg. If you need to change poppets that gets a little more expensive but you could always change them to universal ones. I would do this deal even if there are a few you won't end up being able to use.

What type of keg are you talking about? I think we all assumed they were Corny kegs, but since they are being sold by a hotel bar, that is probably not the case. While swapping out o-rings and poppits etc. is easy on a Corny keg, I have no clue how to recondition a regular sanke keg or what they are worth.

thats a steal. reconditioning is just some good cleaning on your part, and you can get o-rings cheap if needed. I would do that in a heartbeat if I didn't already pay through the nose for a good number of kegs 6 months ago.

Around Chicago, the going rate is $50 a non-reconditioned ball lock keg. 15# tanks are anywhere from $100 to $150. Sometimes more...

I don't pay that, but other crazies do.

Either way, that's a great deal! I wouldn't hesitate to buy them.

There's a sticky somewhere on this site for a McMaster Carr o-ring list. That'll give you the specs for what kind of rings you'll need. Should cost between $3-$5 a keg.

I just got 2 more used Corny kegs, as-is, but with full sets of new O-rings included for $140 with tax and shipping.

That's a pretty good deal. Figure $30 easy for the tanks, that leaves $240 for 8 kegs = $30 each. It's a bargain.

For $20 more you could have gotten 2 brand new kegs... with the HBT coupon code and the sale on AIH they came out to $80 a pop. i bought 6 off AIH for that price.

I bought one of these as well. They are nice. Wish I would have bought more during this sale.

There's new kegs for around 82-83$ a pop on one of the sponsors sites. Just look into sponsor showcase forum.

Latest posts

Back