question about nitro coffe for d'elite

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it's just a case of missing punctuation, and context...maybe they just had a question for the "d'elete'? and forgot to include it in the post?

yeah, bad joke, better then a goat picture..

1642212690455.png

well now that I got your attention. I wanna make nitro coffee and I need a cylinder, regulator, keg and ideas, do I really need a nitro tower? they're 165 bucks, and wondering if I really need it.

i think all you need is a facet that suspends the nitrogen in the liquid.. i'd search for more posts on stout faucets and setups, which i'd bet you're doing already.

i don't always tag day tripper, but when i do it's for something like this @day_trippr ....

with my understanding of nitro tap...you may be able to get away with a $10 picnic tap, and just take it apart. cram some SS scrunchy in it to froth at the tap?

ya, I kinda got that impression too, but im wondering if it's for the last 2 percent of the experience or if it's actually important.

i think all you need is a facet that suspends the nitrogen in the liquid.. i'd search for more posts on stout faucets and setups, which i'd bet you're doing already.

i don't always tag day tripper, but when i do it's for something like this @day_trippr ....

ya, I kinda got that impression too, but im wondering if it's for the last 2 percent of the experience or if it's actually important.

for a $165 price tag i'd play hard to get and wait for some more input, from people with nitro taps....and better understanding of it's solubility in water, because all i've read is it doesn't dissolve like co2....

i think you could get a keg cheaper, and just use the lid...i'm thinking like it's an opposite sorta quick carb lid...you would need a bev QD for the lid? $10...

but man i juslled a couple holes in my kegerator's door for some tubing and STILL use picnic taps, unless you want to look like a baller, and need the bling, i don't think you really need a tower......i think the reason that keg is so expensive is it comes with the disusion stone already and that sorta thing?

maybe a chopped bev out tube and just something like this would save a few bucks on the lid too? kinda like a floating dip tube but a preemptive nitro frother?

https://www.northernbrewer.com/prod...os1Lr16tuKJlM_SmLa_XlQN8z0UNtc1BoClBQQAvD_BwE
with the right length of tubing of course.....and if it's getting frothed in the keg, wouldn't need to happen at the tap? but this all over my heaqd, and hope you get an explanation that i can read along with....

but honestly, the only thing i think is important about the tower, is it comes with bev out QD?

Do you want the coffee frothed, or just using the nitro to push the coffee out?

Do you want the coffee frothed, or just using the nitro to push the coffee out?

i Was assuming frothed? otherwise, i'd look into a pump and something like a milk can? i mean if all he wants is cold brew from a tap? like get a submersible pump, drop it in a milk can hooked up to a bev out post, with a switch and pour? or something like that?

what?? no, why so? u think thats what I would be getting?

i'm not 100% but that's what a nitro pour is, unless it's being pushed 100' up 3 flights.....

i'm really not familar with nitrogen in water, besides it doesn't dissolve in it? and you're basicly trying to pour flat liquid, that has head?

edit: kinda like a cappacino without the calories?

well I think I have to do my research first. I've had some good nitro coffee and I never figured it's flat or anything like a cappachino.

well I think I have to do my research first. I've had some good nitro coffee and I never figured it's flat or anything like a cappachino.

from what i've read, nitrogen isn't soluble in water, and nitro tap just force the co2 out of beer gas at the tap....to make it basicaly flat but creamy.....and if you plan on using pour nitro? i'm not sure hoping i learn along with you! :mug: if you managed to rename this thread delete, maybe take my joke seriously...and rename it again, to "question about nitro coffe for d'elite' :mug:)

I guess if this doesn't turn out. I could always use it for homemade rootbeer or something like that. or even switch it to co2,

I guess im browsing through this site now. figured if I would buy the nitro keg thats on sale and instead of the 40 mini N2 cartridges I would buy 10 and also this Ball Lock Disconnect Posts so I can connect bigger nitrogen tank. I would be ready for upgrading to bigger kegs and stuff if I like it.
question is. do I need vapor or liquid connect? stuff is complicated. lol

Oh great, now my post #2 looks a bit odd...

:mug: :goat: (good ol' bracc, the savior, and holy maltster at your service!)

confuse the late comers. lol

hopefully there are some! i got two extra 5 gallon kegs, and if all i had to do is whip up 5 gallons of cold brew and serve with nitro, to get a frothy. morning cup of joe, instead of having to make it in the percolator every couple days, and nuke it in the morning. be GREAT!

I guess what's what im gonna try. any feedback here? appreciate it.

Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 12.22.44 PM.png

well now that I got your attention. I wanna make nitro coffee and I need a cylinder, regulator, keg and ideas, do I really need a nitro tower? they're 165 bucks, and wondering if I really need it.
Have you considered an English beer engine? I often fantasise about pulling strong coffee through a beer engine, but I don't drink much coffee.

image.jpeg

I asked customer service yesterday and here is his reply.
You can definitely set it up with the Ball-lock posts and connect the larger regulator for the nitrogen setup.
does this make sense?

ball lock post ain't going to work with, what looks like a sanke tap?

I asked customer service yesterday and here is his reply.
You can definitely set it up with the Ball-lock posts and connect the larger regulator for the nitrogen setup.
does this make sense?

i was looking at a mini, on amazon....says you can use N2O for it with less gas...would make more sense for the foam, i think.. kinda like a whip it.....

yup, I got it now. I see there are both kinds of mini cartridges out there. I was so confused. but I went with the N2.

that's what i was saying, n2o is water soluble, and why they use it to froth stuff? like the cream frother?

yup, I got it now. I see there are both kinds of mini cartridges out there. I was so confused. but I went with the N2.

i remember the unmentioables shop sold the whip it cartridges, for off label use.....and they use it at the dentist too... ;)

but it actually will dissolve in water? and make it frothy i'd assume? everything i've read about beer gas a nitrogen, co2 blend. tells me...they just mix it so you can push further with more pressure without worry of over carbing, because nitrogen doesn't dissolve in water?

not sure if that's actually any help actually....but to get frothy bubbles, you need something that dissolves in water.....otherwise, i'd recommend, just brew your cold brew and run it in the blender for a minute then pour in a glass?

Back