Question About My CFC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shepherd5

Reaction score
I recently made a 20ft CFC from Home Depot Supplies. I gave it a test run with boiling hot water to see what the temperature would be coming out the other end. The result was a 70F output. I live in southern California, so my tap water wasn't very cold, but it appears to be a successful CFC build. Oh, this test was done with the valve open all the way.

Questions:

What is the best way to keep the copper line clean and free of deposits that form from oxidation over time?

Home depot only had 20ft lengths of copper, but I see others have 25ft CFCs?

What is the best way to keep the copper line clean and free of deposits that form from oxidation over time?

I run a clean pbw solution through it until the solution runs clear with no bubbles or interruptions in flow, then cap it and store it with the pbw solution inside. I run fresh sanitizer through it before each use of course. If you use iodophor for sanitizer you can store it with sanitizer. Star-San is too acidic and will cause oxidation with long term exposure.

Back