Question about Keg conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chirodoccm

Reaction score
I have and Irish Red that I kegged about 2 weeks ago, it is finally carbed up nice but still doesn't have much flavor. It doesn't taste bad per say, just light I guess. Should I continue to let it set in the fridge or move it out and try it again in a few weeks? Will I need to recarb at that point or will the carbination hold?

Also I just kegged an English bitter that tastes great and I wanted to let it carb up slowly, am I better conditioning it out of the fridge for awhile with a CO2 blanket on it and then carbing up slowly or just carb it up at serving pressure over 2 weeks or so and drinking. I am really happy with this brew so far and want it to be great. This is by far the best of the first 5 batches I have made. Mostly due to you guys help with the information I have learned from reading.

If your final gravity was good at kegging time, and it is refrigerated, I would not go back to unrefrigerated, some people do it with no problems.

I go 5 days or so in primary, move to secondary for the remainder of one month total. then put it in a keg and throw 12 psi on it for a month, GOOD beer.:mug:

Conditioning can be done either under CO2, or not. It can be done chilled or not. If the hose is off, every few days pop another 30 psi on it. You only have to burp the first time.

If you prime with sugar, you only need to pop in about 30 psi and burp to seal keg. Be sure and check it for seal integrity and try different ways to see what yo like best.

Back