Question about a ball valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessmosis

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently have order a new stainless steel tank. It comes with a ball valve spigot that isn't the same as my plastic bucket fermenter. Would there be a good adapter for this or should I just order a plastic spigot to hook directly to my bottling tube. It's the "Chapman brewing 7 gallon stainless tank" for any reference.

Hi guys, I recently have order a new stainless steel tank. It comes with a ball valve spigot that isn't the same as my plastic bucket fermenter. Would there be a good adapter for this or should I just order a plastic spigot to hook directly to my bottling tube. It's the "Chapman brewing 7 gallon stainless tank" for any reference.

Is the issue that you want to bottle directly from it? If so, and the bottling bucket plastic spigot will work, that is what I would buy.

I would personally leave the stainless steel on, but that's me. Also are you actually bottling your beer or transferring it to kegs? If you actually bottle then wouldn't you need to add some sugar water to bottle condition? If you do this then you'd need to pull the yeast out before mixing in your syrup. If I understand this you have a flat bottom fermentor which won't allow you to pull the yeast out. It's just something to think about.

I actually transfer it into a second tank using gravity to mix in the sugar in the second tank then bottle from there. I currently just use a bottling tube to transfer it and it's worked great so far.

Back