Puzzled by keg in post.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxamuus

Reaction score
Brew new to kegging and just handy enough around the house to be dangerous. Just went and bought the Oxiclean free and was gonna take it apart, clean it and let it soak over night in the oxiclean.

Out post is normal post. The in post looks like this -

If you click it opens bigger picture.

The that require a special wrench or something ? Never seen anything like that and not sure how to get it off to clean it.

It's a 12-point fitting. You can use the box end of a wrench or a 12-point socket if you happen to have one big enough lying around :) It's a pretty specialized tool in that size, though.

You can also use Channel-locks if you don't mind beating the hell out of your fittings, but I prefer not to.

-Joe

You can use the box end of a wrench

DUH! Never even crossed my mind to try the box end of the wrench sure enough it worked just fine.

Like i said i wish my father was around growing up. I am book smart but just handy enough to mess up a project THEN call the contractor. lol

no special wrench needed. most crescent wrenches have a standard fitting on one end and a 12 point on the other. 7/8" wrench should take that post right off.

Back